1) Just took a totally unjustifiable but completely needed 6-hr study break to go play with Manda and Danielle (aka watching Gilmore Girls and make dinner and have a maj catch up sess). It was not time I could really afford to spare from Downes time but it was not an afternoon that I could have missed.
(You may shoot me now.)
2) My gchat noise changed itself. Overnight. It’s super weird and super annoying. Does anyone have any idea how this happened or how I can change it back?
“So whether you went (or should have gone) to the likes of Harvard, Yale, Princeton, MIT, Stanford, Columbia, Cornell, Swarthmore, Amherst, Dartmouth, Brown, Oxford, Cambridge, Berkeley, Penn, Caltech, Duke, read on”
Ah, and thus the less-achievement oriented shall inherit the earth.
“Some things in life don’t have deadlines. It’s never too late to start meeting people-I met some of my favorite people senior year; it’s never too late to catch up with an old friend; it’s never too late to say you’re sorry; it’s never too late to learn something new; it’s never too late to try something new; it’s never too late to fall in love; it’s never too late to start caring about others.”—
-advice from Jiajia, former news managing editor of The Chronicle in her senior column. Oh goodness, it’s started. (via bottle-it-up)
Such wise words - the beginning of the end begins!
My boss will actually tell me that my bangs look really good today. This is gratifying on multiple levels.
(Note: she did not say my hair looks good today, which is probably in part because all the damned rain this morning not only left me tromping around in rain boots when it was 70 degrees and sunny but also created the humidity that left my hair doing all sorts of weird poofy things.)
Point being, I like that the ladies at work will compliment by hair and clothes and make me feel good about making an effort to look nice/vaguely professional for work.
The original of this is one of those songs that will always define one very specific moment/day in freshman year. As the song might imply, it was not a very pleasant day, but two years later I can smile thinking about the whole thing (OH FROSH MELODRAMZ) and appreciate the song all over again. This gorgeous cover helps too. :)
I just danced to Cascada’s Every Time We Touch with the president of the Alumni Association (Ann, you rock!) and then drove people home to the WaDuke in a golf cart which, on the way back to KVille, shorted out, causing a small electrical fire and a ton of smoke. Thankfully Stephen Temple was there and he made sure the cart wasn’t going to explode and then we pushed it up Science Drive and then to Kville.
So if you saw some crazy looking girls pushing a golf cart, that was us. Epic.
1) There seems to be a little microtrend picking up of calling Shooters “Scoots” or even “Scoot Scoots.” As in “Are you going to Scoot scoots tonight?”
First off, no I am not, because I am now over 21 years old (and therefore now go to real bars) but am not yet a second semester senior (and therefore going to Shooters all the time in a series of mad attempts to relive freshman year and avoid the reality of graduating).
Second, I am not because this “Scoots” place your talk about DOES NOT EXIST and sounds even more ridiculous than Shooters. Which already sounds ridiculous.
2) I am so pleased that I have decided not to write a thesis. Not having it hanging over my head next spring is going to be the best thing ever.
3) It’s really sad when your gchat list has reached totally absurd levels (Over 100 contacts? Who are these people?) but still fails you in the crucial moment.
And by crucial moment, I of course mean that my new sandals apparently have been delivered (according to the USPS website) and I need someone to squeal about that with but no one is online!
“We know that you think we look just as good without makeup, and that we walk faster when we’re not wearing heels. But we wish you knew that you are not our concern when we’re getting dolled up. We dress to impress gay men and other women.”—