1) Just took a totally unjustifiable but completely needed 6-hr study break to go play with Manda and Danielle (aka watching Gilmore Girls and make dinner and have a maj catch up sess). It was not time I could really afford to spare from Downes time but it was not an afternoon that I could have missed.
(You may shoot me now.)
2) My gchat noise changed itself. Overnight. It’s super weird and super annoying. Does anyone have any idea how this happened or how I can change it back?
- Who even invented the three day rule?
- No, don't do this.
- No, Jesus chose the perfect number of days. One day and no one even notices. The next day is Saturday. Everyone's busy doing stuff and chores and running errands. Sunday-- Sunday is perfect--
- --And everyone's already in church!
- Danielle's Status: birds and/or gnomes keep hitting the windows in the fishbowl in bostock.
- Danielle: stop braiding and do work
- me: bah, it was getting in my face. also: gnomes?
- Danielle: yes. they are flying into the window
- its the sound you hear
- man man came up with it
- me: gnomes?
- Amanda: mhm
- me: i didn't know gnomes flew
- Amanda: no they are in the walls, silly
- me: oh, ok then
- Amanda: duh
(This strawpoll is inspired by my research on my linguistics paper and Ken Pike)
Would you rather be nominated for the Nobel prize FIFTEEN YEARS IN A ROW and NEVER WIN or just never be nominated at all?
Has facebook gotten rid of wall posts from before 2007? I was attempting to look at a full wall-to-wall while procrasting and couldn’t get to any before two years ago. Can they do that?
The Summer Plan (as it stands)
May 1-4 Beach Week
May 5-10 Grad Week (and Caryn’s 21st!)
May 11-23 Fam Vacay out West
May 23-30 Homeless wandering, Belmont Pool, FACing
June 1 Move in day! Also start Reseach Assistant Job, FACing
June Plan training, play with Manda and Nicole, adventures (TBD)
June ?? Weekend in NYC? Weekend in Charleston?
July More play, more FACing. Make FAC packs.
July 17-19 (?) DC!
July 30-Aug 2 Gainesville for Send-Off Par-tay
Aug 3-11 Frantically prepare for O-Week
Aug 12 Board Arrives, the madness begins.
Am I missing anything?
Such wise words - the beginning of the end begins!
Scary but also kind of encouraging. Juniors, we will mourn the class of 2009 for a bit and then we must make it our goal to live the hell out of senior year. It’s never too late!
My boss will actually tell me that my bangs look really good today. This is gratifying on multiple levels.
(Note: she did not say my hair looks good today, which is probably in part because all the damned rain this morning not only left me tromping around in rain boots when it was 70 degrees and sunny but also created the humidity that left my hair doing all sorts of weird poofy things.)
Point being, I like that the ladies at work will compliment by hair and clothes and make me feel good about making an effort to look nice/vaguely professional for work.
I just danced to Cascada’s Every Time We Touch with the president of the Alumni Association (Ann, you rock!) and then drove people home to the WaDuke in a golf cart which, on the way back to KVille, shorted out, causing a small electrical fire and a ton of smoke. Thankfully Stephen Temple was there and he made sure the cart wasn’t going to explode and then we pushed it up Science Drive and then to Kville.
So if you saw some crazy looking girls pushing a golf cart, that was us. Epic.
1) There seems to be a little microtrend picking up of calling Shooters “Scoots” or even “Scoot Scoots.” As in “Are you going to Scoot scoots tonight?”
First off, no I am not, because I am now over 21 years old (and therefore now go to real bars) but am not yet a second semester senior (and therefore going to Shooters all the time in a series of mad attempts to relive freshman year and avoid the reality of graduating).
Second, I am not because this “Scoots” place your talk about DOES NOT EXIST and sounds even more ridiculous than Shooters. Which already sounds ridiculous.
2) I am so pleased that I have decided not to write a thesis. Not having it hanging over my head next spring is going to be the best thing ever.
3) It’s really sad when your gchat list has reached totally absurd levels (Over 100 contacts? Who are these people?) but still fails you in the crucial moment.
And by crucial moment, I of course mean that my new sandals apparently have been delivered (according to the USPS website) and I need someone to squeal about that with but no one is online!
Oh wait, now Moyer is. Yay shoes!
72 degrees and partly cloudy, following two days of rain (blech). Come on weather gods..
Also: if the weather only gets nice during finals week I will cry because I WILL be living in the library.
- Jordan: i think i got rejected
- me: im sorry love
- Jordan: i feel like such a reject
- even my fake FML got rejected
- me: submit THAT
- it'd be so meta
- Jordan: there are tons of those
- when i was looking through the moderator ones
- me: mmm you are a sad monkey.
- me: can i blog this convo?
- Jordan: lol sure
- me: thanks
- Jordan: link it
- me: will do
Moyer didn’t even call me before coming to find me here this morning.
“Well I just knew you’d be here silly.”
It’s not my fault that this is where the coffee lives.
Stuff like this is why I love Jezebel muchly.